Can we call em names in PM's? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Several people are going to personal insults when they disagree with someone. Have some sense, you can say you think someone is full of crap, but lets stop with all the hate talk, be it deserved or not. If someone posts something that is absolutely ridiculous, call them on that, but don't be tricked into petty name calling, which is more than likely what some want. It normally tends to be incited by a few who come, post a bunch of trash for a few weeks, then disappear when people get tired of arguing with them.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
Can we call em names in PM's? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Thanks very much for this Rocketer. Much appreciated. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Officially retired
My point exactly.
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Nice to see you're happy chubby. Especially after this..
[ QUOTE ]
understand that this is quite a "touchy" issue, but when you bring someone else's education and personal life into the picture and begin to point out those things and laugh about them
[/ QUOTE ]
When you were the one I had photoshop pictures of another user on here and you were hee hawing and laughing at them on the board. I thought you had a backbone and would take a stand on something that was wrong like supporting the [censored] and not condoning racism. I guess I was wrong. It's not too hard to see what's wrong with the world today. It is very depressing to see where the world is going with the the way kids are today who'd rather cry and play video games than to take a stand for something they believe in. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
I'm not condoning racism in any way. When did I ever say I support racists? I don't like them. I'm not racist. You think just because I didn't wage war against the two users claiming to be racists, that I'm on their side? Is conflict really a necessity here to side yourself with one person or another? I'm heavily offended that you even try to imply that I'm protecting what they believe or that I'm even supporting it.
But I think there's a certain line you cross when you start bringing personal attacks onto the board, whether it be criticizing someone's education or personal life, which are two very sensitive subjects and should have no place in a discussion when they're being slapped around. Photoshopping some goofy pictures is one thing, but some of the things being said are on an entirely different level. If you seriously think making fun of someone's college career and calling them "inbred" is on the same level as making someone look like an elf in Photoshop, I don't know what to say.
I can't help but find the "kids today who would rather cry and play video games than take a stand for something they believe in" comment to be quite shortsighted, childish, and - surprise - aimed intentionally towards me. I've always been puzzled at the concept of "crying" when speaking out against something that you know is wrong. In fact, you contradict yourself within your own statement. WASN'T I standing up for what I believed in by trying to put an end to such bickering? You call that crying? No tears here,
I'm sorry I ruined your "fun time" throwing insults and bad language back and forth at one another, but it's over now and that's that. No reason to be mad at me because of it. I think it's time to grow up.
Thanks again to Rocketer.
Officially retired
I know I usually side with Chubz on a lot of issues but I definitely have to here.
Like I said, I hate that these two people are racists. I can't stand it anymore than Ironlung and whoever can. I was agreeing with Chubz and I pointed out exactly what he did, that some people were behaving pretty immaturely. And some people felt that it was necessary to point out how immature I can be sometimes, which really wasn't necessary. And someone brought up a false accusation that I made and should not have made that happened 2 1/2 years ago.
But really, this should stop.
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Where did I say that you condoned racism? My only problem is that you were crying and got your little panties in a wad crying to a mod like usual. Just like your little Self Righteous Brigade that you were telling me about through pm's a few weeks ago trying to get moderators to "clean things up" by getting rid of people like Biggin'.Then you were talking [censored] about the people helping you in those same pm's.
You say you weren't involved in personal attacks, we were making fun of somebody who is short and doesn't appreciate being ridiculed about it.
I hate to break it to you to there chubby, but you haven't ruined my fun. I pm'ed Rock and asked him if this little post was in regards to what I'd put. He said he was just trying to calm things down and agreed with the majority of what I said. I'm sure he thinks that I could have probably handled it better and I'm sure I could. I just wanted to hit them with the same kind of hate and evil spiritedness that they spew into the world everyday just because someone was born a different shade than them. If they start spewing their hate, stupidity, and ignorance again, I'll do the same [censored] thing. 90% of this damned board wanted your [censored] gone from day one and about the only ones that tried to put in a good word for you was burrhead and myself. You've matured a lot since you started posting on here and are just one of the regular members here now and I'm glad of that. I like reading stuff that you put about games. I've pm'd you talking about stuff before and I really do like you. I even pm'd you when the lynch mob was after you trying to tell you what you were doing that pissed people like Roy McAvoy off and tried to get you to just roll with the punches and ignore the hazing and it'd be over faster. Then what do you do when you have a problem with me? Go running, crying, tattle telling. You could have pm'd me chubz, but no. You do it the cowards way. I don't do that. I tell people what the [censored] I think. If they don't like it. It's tough [censored]. Since what I put has burned your eyes from your skull chubz, here's an idea for you, hit that little ignore user button after you click on my username. That way, you won't ever have to read anything I put on here again. You can keep Cletus and Brandeen visible so you can read their venom, of course you have no problem with that.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
To defend Chubz, he didn't PM me. Not sure if he PM'ed anybody else.
One of the only bans that we have had and kept was a racist poster.
As much as I dislike what was said, so far they have kept it on a decent (mostly) level. 2 wrongs definitely do not make a right.
It was painfully obvious to me that Ironlung was trying to give them a dose of the hate that they spew back to them. Was he right? Probably not. Did he go to far? Yes, in my opinion he did. Did he go further than other posters have went? Nope, not really.
Like I've said before, he is a long time poster, and this board, like most other boards, will give a bit more rope to a long time poster, who has contributed to the board, than they will give to someone who does nothing but spew.
Agreement or disagreement, if a few posters would come on and contribute on other topics or a variety of things, maybe people could accept them and their opinions, even if they are out there to the majority. Spuds and LPD have been very strongly against consolidation in the past, but they had proven to be valid users, who contribute on a many discussions. Not someone who just shows up and comments on 1-2 topics every 6 months. On most online boards, that type of poster is considered a troll. Look around, you'll find them on any board. I used to frequent a Lost related board regularly. It never failed, after every episode you would have people come on who did nothing but down the episodes, the cast, the writers, anybody who was a fan of the show, etc.
Now did those people actually dislike the show? That's questionable. I know that there are many shows I don't like on tv, I don't make a habit of finding fan boards to go on and trash the show. What would be the point?
That would be like someone going onto a 'Doom' fan site and doing nothing but trashing. Going onto an ACDC fan site and saying how much they suck, etc.
I can only say this, and it sort of defends Ironlung. I don't think he knows the posters he was tearing into. I think it was more of tearing into the 'stereotype' that they were presenting. Maybe if they were someone who had contributed on other topics, discussions, he would have said something along the lines of "thats a redneck idiotic opinion and I think you're crazy" instead of going to the attacks he did.
I'll take some blame for it, but I truthfully can say that I seldom pay attention to such comments. Why is that? Well as we've seen on here many times, being a mod or an admin, you get ripped regularly, as soon as someone disagrees with you. I've had people who personally know me rip me, which is worse, but I don't delete or ban them either, unless they violate a rule. Someone has to point something out to me, why its to far sometimes, for me to even realize all thats being said. I'm so used to skimming and people who know each other cutting on each other, that many times I don't even think about things being offensive.
I do appreciate when people are offended and alert me. I don't always agree with them, and there have been many posts that some didn't like and wanted removed that I didn't feel violated the spirit or idea of the board. Am I always right? Absolutely not, and if the same thing is pointed out by multiple users, then I do have to revisit things now and then. I've replied to posts and then went back 2 days later and edited what I replied to, because when I skimmed it or read it, it didn't 'push my buttons. Sometimes I lock in on one part and bypass maybe a bigger part.
Anyhow...hopefully explained it a bit.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
[ QUOTE ]
I'll take some blame for it
[/ QUOTE ]
I take blame for my own doings. You've got nothing to own up to pal. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I stand by what I said, and the majority of it has been shown true with no help from me. Sorry to make the above seem like I thought chubz pm'd you about this this time. It was more about him pm'ing you weeks ago complaining and his last comments in that slavery thread being so appaled by words that I used that were for the most part [censored]. I really like the kid, I just don't understand why he would get so upset over me calling someone an imbred, yada, yada, yada, but not have one objection to somebody saying "I'm a racist and I'm proud of it" and then when elpn replied sarcasticly "Let's all just throw on some white sheets and hop on our horses for a little cross burning while we're at it." you get the reply of "Okay! Let the party begin!!".
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Bookmarks